Now for the practical bit. This is copied and pasted from tamaranth's excellent post, which you can see here:
- Read this: An overview of some of the cuts
- Sign this: Petition to recall the Public Consultation on Disability Living Allowance (DLA) reform, and to cease work on reform of this benefit
- Write some letters: Broken of Britain's One-Stop DLA Reform Campaign Resource
- Respond to this: DLA Public Consultation
- Oh, and don't forget: don't get physically or mentally sick, don't have an accident, don't spend your savings (you'll need them to top up your rent), don't get old, don't have 'good' days where anyone can see ...
1) Attempt to find an example of said file.
2) Realise this is going to be more difficult than first thought.
3) Look through dozens of sites which either don't have it; have it but in .wav file when last time you converted .wav to mp3 it distorted it; have the sound played repeatedly when you only want it once and don't know how to edit mp3 files; tantalise you with it but then don't have it when you click on the link. Repeat for at least an hour.
4) Eventually find it and download it.
5) Try to remember where the phone/PC cable is. Get annoyed at self for not yet purchasing a Bluetooth dongle for PC.
6) Find cable.
7) Remember you have a new laptop now, which won't have the compatible driver software for the phone.
8) Connect phone anyway, just in case.
9) Fail to connect. Stomp off to look for driver disc.
10) Find 5-year-old disc of Nokia PC Suite. Feel pleased at not having thrown it away.
11) Install PC Suite. Try several times to get it to work. Fail.
12) Rage and swear.
13) Uninstall PC Suite.
14) Google for updated version in case 5yo version is too old for Windows 7.
15) Install updated version.
16) Tranfer file; get 'your phone may not be able to read this file. Install anyway?'
17) Sigh. Click 'yes'.
18) Pick up phone. Go to Gallery; find file; click and pray.
(Then go round demanding people text you so you can show them your new sound.)
You are Deanna Troi
|You are a caring and loving individual.
You understand people's emotions and
you are able to comfort and counsel them.
Click here to take the Star Trek Personality Test
Sony know about this bug, and have uploaded a patch. In order for me to download this patch however, the system requires me to quit the game. Which restarts the console...
Very ironic. How I'm supposed to install this bug-fixer which sets off the very bug it's supposed to fix, I have no idea.
You'd have to pay for it,of course, lol.
Mark's selling his on eBay RIGHT NOW, and as he's in Birmingham, if any of you Brum lot win the bid you can collect and save on postage.
Just go to eBay and search for this item number: 150202011057
Hurry though! Only 20-odd more hours to go!
As the charity says, "The ODA has banned the Trust from the major part of the Olympic site on Health and Safety grounds. This is despite the fact that all our rescue staff have CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) Health and Safety qualifications and we have two qualified First Aiders in the team. We are therefore as qualified to work on a construction site as unskilled labourers."
You can check here for more info. There's a petition to sign too - please sign it.
Your Score: The Frog
You scored 46% domestic, 33% gregarious, 28% trickster, and 50% intellect!
Wild, Solitary, Serious and Emotional: you are the Frog!
Sensitivity, regeneration, renewal. In many cultures, frogs are a
strong symbol of luck and wealth. Frog medicine teaches the power of
transforming oneself, a natural path of change that occurs over a
lifetime. Frog is also a symbol of femininity and fertility, and
natural healing. Frog people tend to be pleasant, positive, and well
in-tune with the energies around them.
This test categorized you based on four different axes of personality,
which were then associated with a different animal. The four axes, as
well as all possible results are explained below.
Wild/Domestic: This first axis categorizes you based on how much you
are drawn to the outdoors, versus how much you are drawn to civilized
situations. Domesticity has many shapes and forms, and varies from the
joy of dolphins leaping next to a ship to the steadfast loyalty of a
Gregarious/Solitary: This axis measures how solitary you are. If you
scored high, it means that you enjoy the company of other people, while
a low score indicates that you prefer a more solitary lifestyle.
Trickster/Serious: This axis measures how well you line up
with conventional trickster archetypes. People who fall into this
archetype have a sense of humor and an excitable, highly chaotic
streak. Scoring low doesn't mean that you don't have a sense of humor;
it just means that you probably don't think dynamite is very funny.
Intellectual/Emotional: This last axis determines whether you
are more emotional -- acting based on feelings and instinct, or
rational and intelectual -- acting more on thought than on your gut
|Link: The Animal Archetype Test written by crumpetsfortea on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the The Dating Persona Test|
So dengel3000 and I had another go, and here's what we've come up with so far. You have to say them out loud to get the best effect. I'll add more when we think of them - can you guys think of any others?
A for Are (Or Aesop; EDIT: or Aitch - thanks mollydot's husband)
C for Cue
D for Double you (EDIT: or Djinn, or Djibouti - thanks bopeepsheep)
E for Eye
G for Gnat
H for Heir
J (EDIT: for Junta - thanks mollydot's husband; or Jalapeno - thanks baloobas)
K for Knee
M for Mnemonic
O for Oedipus
P for Psychology
Q for Qat (EDIT: or Qi, as I've just realises 'qat' contravenes the 'word must be relatively well-known in English' rule.
R (EDIT: Rong. Clutching at straws now, but trusty Scrabble dictionary tells me it's an archaic past participle of 'ring')
T for Thaddeus (EDIT: or Tsunami - thanks bopeepsheep)
W for Whore (EDIT: or Wring - thanks mollydot)
X for Xylophone
Y for You
I suppose it's pretty indicative of a geeky Mensa household that the first 'th' word I thought of was 'Thaddeus'. I got laughed at for that, lol.
For 'noise nuisance'.
Brought about by Crosby Homes, according to the Evening Mail. That's right, the property developers responsible for some of the nearby 'luxury apartments' (why can't anyone just live in a flat anymore?).
WHY THE FUCK do they think they have the right to build NEAR AN ESTABLISHED MUSIC VENUE then complain about the noise? Imagine if the lot near Eddie's had campaigned for it to be closed down due to 'noise nuisance'? (assuming they didn't burn it down in the first place ;-)). And as for the homeowners, well if you're stupid enough to buy a property near established nightlife then be surprised by the noise, you don't get any sympathy from me.
The Council should've told Crosby to fuck off. Other whingeing twats already got the Fiddle and Bone closed down, and apparently people who've just bought flats in Digbeth are complaining about the noise there (This site puts it well: http://www.thestirrer.co.uk/1306072.
WHAT DO THEY EXPECT IF THEY BUY CITY CENTRE PROPERTIES?!? GENTLE BREEZES AND THE SOFT CHIRPS OF GRASSHOPPERS???
I'd hate to live near somewhere as noisy as a nightclub, which is why I don't live near any nightclub.
As you can see, I'm not impressed about this (/massive understatement). Such complainers should be told they should have done their research before buying and then ignored. And developers should be encouraged to build away from the nightlife if they see it as such a problem. Fucking idiots.
If I made and marketed waterproof towels, along the lines of "Fed up of dropping your towel on the wet changing room floor leaving it too wet to use? Not any more! These new waterproof towels repel water and stay completely dry at all times!!!1!!1!"...
...would anyone buy one?